Electrical Engineer, EIT
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Stantec's Wall Township New Jersey office is looking for a skilled Electrical Engineer, EIT *, * who will be able to apply electrical engineering principals and superior client service skills to cultivate and deliver projects that exceed expectations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge of industry standards and electrical engineering design principles.
- Provide electrical power design, in support of a variety of projects, including renewable photovoltaic energy systems (solar), industrial facilities, utility power plants, peak shaving plants, battery energy storage systems (BESS), water, wastewater and all aspects of electrical infrastructure design.
- Apply knowledge of one-line drawings, elementaries and wiring diagrams, equipment specifications (including transformers, MCC, switchgear, substation equipment); power plans, conduit plans, cable schedules, system studies and protective relay settings, including knowledge of power plant systems such as low and medium voltage distribution systems.
- Attend meetings with clients, end users, authorities having jurisdiction, and utility companies to coordinate project development.
- Examine field conditions, as required, to support development and completion of projects.
- Prepare deliverables and documents including calculations, drawings, and specifications necessary for permit approval and construction
- Provide direction in project design and relationship skills, leading integrated design teams and their interactions with Stantec's clients.
- The successful Project Designer will demonstrate a "client first" approach in developing and nurturing key relationships.
- This individual applies technical and project design expertise while leading cross-functional resources to meet project requirements within established time frames, and is sensitive to budgets
- Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- EIT registration is required. PE or pending registration is strongly preferred.
- Strong and working knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of power distribution in the industrial, generation, infrastructure or utility sectors
- Working knowledge of current versions of AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP and/or other building design software as it relates to power system design
- Working understanding and knowledge of power distribution systems, low and medium voltage systems
- Knowledge of current power systems analysis software such as etap, SKM and/or easy power for simulating electrical distribution on systems including, but not limited to, combustion power plants, combustion standby generation systems, photovoltaic systems and battery energy storage systems (BESS)
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines
- Successful history of collaboration and teaming with electrical contractors on Design, Bid, Build (DBB) and Design-Build projects
- Experience in the construction industry and/or in-depth knowledge of construction processes
- Experience in field oversight for projects
- Understands and implements design management principles, including adhering to Stantec's QA/QC processes
- Desire to manage clients, projects, and staff to achieve budget, schedule, and deliverable objectives
- Travel may be required to meet engagement/client requirements, which may include regional, national, or international based on the contracted requirements
Education and Experience
- MS in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field plus 2-8 years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
- Engineer-in-training (EIT) also known as Fundaments of Engineering (FE) certification is required, with the ability to obtain PE registration within 2 years.
- A proven track record of onsite design services during construction and resident engineer experience
- A proven track record of oversight of design services performed by electrical designers and/or CADD staff, under the guidance of a senior electrical engineer
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Wall Township
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000RD
Back to top