Electrical Engineer - Buildings - Senior
Your Opportunity: Our Buildings Engineering group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. For both public and private sector clients, we provide unique capabilities covering each of the major engineering disciplines - structural, mechanical and electrical - as well as energy engineering and performance engineering services. Focused on providing the most efficient solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Duties: Our Vancouver office has an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer in our Buildings Group, as a result of increased projects. We are seeking an excellent communicator and skilled problem-solver with strong attention to detail. This is a dynamic work environment where you will play a pivotal role in a diverse range of building projects, from initial planning to design to construction.
Responsibilities include the Design of electrical systems for commercial, healthcare, industrial, institutional, public and private facilities including:
- Timely completion of project designs in accordance with all applicable governing codes and Engineering Standards.
- Execute the successful delivery of electrical engineering design
- Experienced using Revit; able to guide other engineers and the design team technically with this software through design
- Provide detail design engineering for drawings and specifications for electrical design in low and medium voltage, systems lighting, power distribution, grounding, fire alarm, communications and security systems, control/signal systems for commercial, institutional, multi-family residential, and light industrial buildings
- Power distribution, essential power systems including generators and UPS, Substations, transformers, metering, primary and secondary switchgear, motor control and motor control centers
- Enable Stantec to remain innovative in the provision of projects involving electrical engineering by keeping abreast of industry developments
- Comply with Stantec's corporate policies and procedures by adopting Quality Assurance and Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental policies, procedures and requirements.
- Provide technical support to the project managers
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- The successful candidate should possess an Engineering Degree from a recognized University and is currently registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada is strongly preferred
- 10-12 years of experience in Electrical Design
- Working knowledge of relevant codes and standards, CEC, NBC, CSA, ULC
- Previous experience with engineering software applications such as ETAP,AGI 32 and other tools will be a definite asset.
- Must have proficient knowledge and experience with recent/current versions of AutoCAD; Revit experience preferably at the intermediate or advanced level is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, and written) along with a strong attention to detail are essential
- Project management experience would be a definite asset
- Have a keen interest in working with multi-disciplinary design professionals including engineering disciplines and architects and interior designers
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top