Electrical Engineer - Buildings - Intermediate to Senior
Your Opportunity With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency.
An immediate opportunity exists for an Intermediate/Senior Electrical Engineer within our Edmonton Buildings Group working with our Power Systems team.
Your Duties Responsibilities include the design of power systems for commercial, healthcare, light industrial, industrial, governmental, mission critical facilities and district energy (cogeneration, central cooling and/or heating) plants. Specific duties include:
- Liaison and coordinating with external and internal clients as well as multi-disciplinary team including architects, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers and technicians, to obtain and develop engineering projects
- Developing drawing design packages including specifications suitable for tender and construction for:
- Service entrance, distribution backbones ranging from 120/208V to 25kV
- Site wide distribution systems
- Generators systems
- Lightning protection
- Bonding and grounding system (power and telecom)
- Developing schedules, work breakdown, project tasks and project execution
- Preparing Master planning studies, preliminary engineering, detailed engineering and contract administration for power distribution system (sizing and design of all required components)
- Carrying out power system studies including: Short circuit, coordination, arc flash, load flow, power system, harmonic studies, and grounding studies
- Carry out specialty studies including: forensic investigation (electrical), commissioning planning, hazard classification studies and design of intrinsically safe electrical systems
- Prepare project documents, equipment specifications and capital cost estimates
- Building Management Systems (BMS) or PLC
- Design based on 3D scanner and 3D BIM approaches
- Project Management to control design budgets and cost control monitoring
- Design reviews of all of work is properly checked in accordance with Stantec Consulting Ltd. and client standards
- Senior Engineers are expected to work closely and share knowledge within the company and with team members and clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering; Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Alberta.
- Intermediate to Senior Engineer with minimum 12-14 years of related electrical engineering experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with Canadian electrical standards, IEEE1584, IEEE519,
- CSA's Z32, Z462, CEC C22.1 and 22.2.
- Additional knowledge of the API 500 series standards, CSA B72-M87, IEEE 61850, NFPA-70-E and NEC will be considered as an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills required for internal team interfaces.
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills required.
- Interest in learning new technologies and techniques to stay up to date with current industry trends and practices.
- Self-organized, and autonomous to successfully deliver projects.
- Experience using MS office suite and MS project, AutoCAD, SKM's PTW or OTI's ETAP software is required.
- Additional knowledge of REVIT, CYME, EASYPOWER, CDEGS, SKM GROUND MAT software is a plus.
- Experience in utility, water facilities, urban/residential underground services, airport and transportation sectors will be considered as an additional valuable asset.
- Design experience with UPS, battery bank, energy storage systems will be considered as an asset.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top