Electrical Engineer, Buildings
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
You will work with general supervision and direction on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer/Designer. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification for engineered systems or products for a project verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards / practices. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include Revit design, calculations, and field work. The projects that you may be assigned to will have more complex features.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for projects of medium complexity/size.
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers all electrical engineered systems or products for a project.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three dimensional models of building's electrical systems and provides markups for junior engineers.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various electrical phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings and value analysis and basic cost estimating.
- Assists upper level staff with developing and managing the project scope, budget, staffing and schedule.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Performs and oversees the performance of calculations using company standard software, and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Utilizes advanced techniques for the analysis of specialized building electrical elements.
- Participates in constructability review.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
- Assists in the development of new standards and specifications for the electrical group.
- Works on multiple projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of Canadian Electrical Code and applicable building and energy codes.
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- General knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Presentation and interview skills are preferred.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with AGI 32, Visual Lighting Software, SKM, Newforma.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer in Canada. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190002FJ
Back to top