As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world. Your Opportunity The role of the Electrical Engineer is to work on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger oil and gas project under the guidance of a Senior Electrical Engineer/Designer. The Engineer should be able to evaluate, select, specify, design and engineer certain electrical power and lighting systems or equipment for a project. An Electrical Engineer will perform a variety of tasks which includes electrical design, calculations, studies, and/or field work. Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for projects of average complexity/size.
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers all electrical engineered systems or equipment for a project.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes technologies in development of three dimensional models of electrical systems and provides markups for design drafters.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various design phases including site plans, electrical layouts, wiring schematics and diagrams, schedules, and details.
- May lead project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings and value analysis and basic cost estimating.
- Assists Senior Engineers with developing and managing the project scope, budget, resourcing and schedule.
- May lead the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Performs and oversees the performance of calculations using company standard software, and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Utilizes advanced techniques for the analysis of specialized electrical elements.
- Participates in constructability review.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
- Assists in the development of new standards and specifications for the electrical group.
- Works on multiple projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of Canadian Electrical Code and applicable energy codes.
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, and AutoCAD.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top