At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity Stantec's Rocklin, CA office is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Water group.
The ideal candidate will provide world class Electrical Instrumentation and Controls (EI&C) consulting engineering design and project management services for a variety of clients locally and globally in a dynamic and diversified team environment. You will work with junior and intermediate engineering and design staff to deliver high quality designs on time and on budget. You will report to an EI&C Team Lead Engineer.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Independently complete EI&C engineering tasks for small projects and lead a small team of EI&C engineers and designers for larger projects.
- Prepare feasibility, conceptual and detailed design of electrical, instrumentation and control (EI&C) systems for water and wastewater collection, treatment and pumping facilities
- Prepare power distribution analysis and design of Water/Wastewater facility substations, generator systems, grounding, switchgear, motor control centers, variable frequency drives, metering, protection and controls
- Instrumentation/Controls analysis and design of facility-wide DCS and PLC-based process automation, data acquisition, trending and alarming systems
- Design lighting, fire alarm and security systems for Water/Wastewater facilities
- Prepare reports, studies, specifications, drawings and other design documents
- Work with and interface effectively with other engineering disciplines (Architectural, Process, Civil, Structural, Mechanical)
- Complete field reviews of designs under construction, and prepare construction review documentation
- Participate in commissioning-related activities and provide engineering-level direction to the commissioning team.
- Currently registered as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and functional understanding of AutoCAD and Revit
- Functional working knowledge of SKM PTW, ETAP and/or EasyPower software
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects
- Strong commitment to the engineering profession and willingness to promote our profession through community outreach and service
- Is able to work 40 hours or more per week and has availability to meet with clients, management and staff when needed
Minimum of 8 years of experience in EI&C systems design in an engineering consulting environment with relevant experience in Water/Wastewater related infrastructure
This position requires travel to meet engagement/client requirements. Travel scope may include regional, national or international based on the contracted requirements. Independent travel is required, with travel comprising up to 25% of the work month.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top