Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Stantec's Power group is currently
offering exciting opportunity for an ElectricalEngineer to work on a variety of high voltage substation projects out of the Burnaby office. As part of our positive and dynamic multi-discipline team
environment, you will be engaging in variety of engineering assignments to
provide our clients globally with superior services. We provide career
opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform engineering study such aspower flow, short circuit, motor start, grounding, lightning, insulationcoordination, TRV, cable ampacity, rigid and flexible bus, lighting, etc.
- Conductdetailed design of substations, including switchyard layouts, elevations, , groundgrids/details, cable routing, AC/DC distribution, major equipmentspecifications, single line diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, marking,design calculations, etc.
- Preparetechnical portion of tendering package, detailed engineering scope,construction specification, inspection and test plan, etc.
- Providetechnical support for procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Assistin preparing proposals, project plans and estimate.
- Mentorthe junior engineers.
- Coordinatewith other disciplines during project execution to solve any technicalissues.
- Conductsite visit to define project scope and provide construction site supportsas required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor'sdegree in electrical engineering (preferably in Power System) with 6 years of direct detaileddesign experience related to high voltage substations for Utilities inNorth America (minimum 3 years of experience on BC Hydro project).
- Familiar with most applicable standards/codes (CEC, CSA, IEEE, IEC, etc.) that are related to high voltage substation design.
- Professional Engineerregistered with the Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC).
- Experience onPSSE, PSCAD, ETAP, CDEGS, WinIGS, MathCAD is an asset.
- Field experiencein commissioning and testing is an asset.
- Proven knowledgein Civil/Structural and P&C is an asset.
- Equipmentengineering experience is an asset.
- Excellent personalcomputer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD,Microstation.
- Effectiveinterpersonal skills (written, verbal) are a must with your interactionwith multi-disciplinary teams, suppliers, sub-consultants and clientrelationships.
- Demonstratedcapability to efficiently handle multitasks.
- Valid Class 5 BCdriver's license
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering (preferably in Power System). Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 6 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003M9
Back to top