Electrical Drafter - Buildings
Your Opportunity: We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Your Duties: Stantec's Plano office has an immediate need for an Electrical EIT or Electrical Drafter/BIM modeler to join our multidisciplinary buildings team.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Producing aspects of electrical design and drawings in Revit
- Successfully carrying out assignments on project design teams
- Undertaking drawings of power distribution, fire alarm systems, lighting, security and communication drawings.
- Facilitating and ensuring the quality of design, drawings and graphic work produced for the team meet all required standards.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A diploma from a recognized building or drafting technology program and/or significant experience in the relevant field.
- Practical experience with Building Information Modeling (i.e. Revit) will be given preference
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with the design team, suppliers and contractors
- A team player, self-motivated and eager to learn
- Attention to detail and accuracy are required assets
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code and electrical design principles is a plus
- Excellent ability to plan and execute working document production on building-related projects
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a top 10 global design firm should please apply on-line at www.stantec.com/careers .
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top