As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
Your Opportunity As a CAD Technician / Technologist you will work with close guidance and supervision on tasks for large and small projects in a team environment on a variety of Oil & Gas projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of tools and drafting to complete assigned tasks including 2D and 3D model development, completing design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, plotting, and drafting using CAD platforms noted below.
- Will work closely with engineers and senior designers on assigned projects.
- Coordinates submittals for clients, governmental agencies, permitting agencies, etc. for reviews, approvals, and other milestones.
- Performs thorough quality control (QA/QC) of models and sheet files for standards compliance, discipline coordination and ensure comments have been addressed by the responsible CAD Technician and others as required.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects.
- Working knowledge of codes and design requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk products including but not limited to Autocad, CADWorx, Navisworks,and Autocad Electrical.
- PDS and SmartPlant software knowledge is an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience working with pointclouds to model existing facilities and features would be an asset.
- Experience working with schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, single-line diagrams, layout and elevation diagrams.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top