The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
You will work with direct supervision and general direction on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer/Designer. You will assist in evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering certain electrical power and lighting systems or products for a project verifying compliance with applicable codes and internal engineering standards / practices. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include Revit design, calculations, and field work. The projects that you may be assigned to will have routine and complex features.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supports project team in the development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in the development of three dimensional models of building electrical systems.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various project phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Coordinates with other building disciplines (architectural, structural, mechanical, civil, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Assists in the review of shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observation reports, and performs other contract administration tasks.
- Assists with the development of job specific discipline specifications.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of building electrical systems and materials.
- Attends project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants
- Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating.
- Implements sustainable design principles into the building design and surrounding environment.
- Performs calculations of building elements and well-defined electrical systems using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic ability in performing electrical power and lighting design.
- Basic knowledge and application of the National Electrical Code, energy codes, and other building codes.
- Basic knowledge of building electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Basic understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with AGI 32, Visual Lighting Software, SKM, Newforma.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 2-3 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190000SI
Back to top