The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Everyday we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
As an Electrical Designer you will work with close guidance and direction on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer/Designer. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification for engineered systems or products for a project verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards / practices. Stantec currently has buildings engineering teams serving Western Pennsylvania located in Pittsburgh, PA, and Butler, PA and in Ohio located in Cleveland, OH. We are looking to expand our staff by hiring an Electrical Designer to be part of the team. If you are interested in working on sustainable, integrated building solutions, then joining Stantec could be your most rewarding move.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts basic interpretations of drawings, codes, and other similar materials.
- Performs Revit design for the electrical discipline using knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Works with architectural, interior, and other engineering disciplines in the coordination of the project under the direction of a senior engineer/ designer.
- Performs field work as directed by a senior engineer/ designer.
- Performs basic calculations to analyze and design individual building electrical system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of Revit and AutoCad, and the use of it as a drafting/design tool.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Basic understanding of electrical engineering concepts and the ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Basic understanding in the design of electrical systems for buildings (lighting, power distribution, basic circuiting and fire alarm systems). Preferably in healthcare, commercial or educational facilities.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Ability to take direction, follow process and accept feedback and suggestions from senior engineers/designers.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with AGI 32, Visual Lighting Software, SKM, Newforma.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering. Minimum of 0-2 years of experience. Internship experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Designer
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Butler, United States-Ohio-Cleveland
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190002O1
Back to top