Electrical Designer - Buildings
We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Your Duties: As part of a multidisciplinary team, your work will involve the design and drafting of electrical systems including power distribution, data, lighting, security and alarm systems for architectural buildings projects such as institutional such as healthcare and commercial.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in an Electrical Engineering Technology program; other equivalencies may be considered depending on experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years of design and drafting production experience preferably some of it within a consulting engineering environment; experience in the design and drafting of architectural buildings projects
- Revit® experience is preferred , good to advanced skills with AutoCAD; experience using AGi32 is a definite asset
- Experience and familiarity with mechanical HVAC, structural and architectural disciplines is a is strongly preferred
- Experience using the Canadian Electrical Code and local building codes (in BC ideally) is required
- Effective communication skills are essential, including interpersonal and verbal abilities within the team environment
- Must be well organized to be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top