Your Opportunity: Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties: An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Electrical Designer to join our Tampa, FL office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the development of new project work through client interaction and ongoing site activities
- Design of electrical systems including power distribution, cabling and raceways, PLC and DCS Network communications and equipment control designs for heavy industrial facilities
- Develop construction quantities, estimate construction costs and utilize estimating software to create project cost reports
- Perform field investigations and support job site construction activities for related projects
- Conduct and coordinate detailed design work and provide project guidance to junior drafting staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials: This is a dynamic, "hands-on" role for a person who can excel in a team-oriented, client-driven environment. Candidates should be self-motivated individuals with 5+ years of experience. The individual will be expected to work independently on electrical and instrument designs as an integrated member of an interdisciplinary design team on small to large projects, providing technical expertise to the Project Engineer.
Other qualifications include:
- Associate's degree in electrical engineering from a technical college
- Knowledge of electrical and instrumentation systems and equipment related to the power industry
- Experience with power plant systems/designs including DCS, PLC, Medium and Low Voltage Controls
- Ability to develop electrical power plans, cable tray routing, wiring diagrams and interconnections while adhering to heavy industrial practices and standards
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD or newer programs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work closely with Project Managers, adhere to budget guidelines, schedules and client specifications in the course of design development
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top