Electrical Design Engineer
- Hackensack, NJ
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will assist in evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering certain electrical power and lighting systems or products for a project verifying compliance with applicable codes and internal engineering standards / practices. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations and field work. The projects that you may be assigned to will have routine and complex features.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Electrical/Lighting Design in support of a variety of projects including: roadways, bridges, tunnels, airports, transportation facilities, parks, waterfronts, marinas/boatyards, site development projects, and electrical infrastructure design. Reporting to Stantec's Transportation Business Center.
- Oversee the preparation of deliverables and documents including calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Examine field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects.
- Attend meetings with clients, authorities having jurisdiction, and utility companies to coordinate projects.
- Handle multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Design experience in lighting design, lighting/power circuiting design, intelligent transportation system, energy code compliance, emergency power systems, communications systems, fire alarm systems, and construction cost estimating.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of the architectural and engineering industry.
- Thorough knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards.
- Previous experience working with various transportation authorities such as NJTA or Port Authority a plus
- Working understanding of AutoCAD, Microstation, AGI32, Visual Lighting Software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- EIT certification required; PE license strongly preferred.
- LC is a plus
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Rochelle Park
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 2000009F
Back to top