Electrical CAD/Revit Technician - Buildings
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future - join us!
Your Opportunity Our downtown Edmonton, AB office is looking for a highly motivated Electrical CAD/REVIT Technician with a good track record and ability to draft and design our buildings related projects. Reporting to various Project Managers, you will have experience in Electrical design/drafting and demonstrate a commitment to thrive in a team-oriented, proactive organization.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Producing electrical design and drawings in REVIT and CAD.
- Organizing and maintaining a design and REVIT digital file database for each project.
- Successfully carrying out assignments on project design teams.
- Undertaking drawings of power, low tension, fire alarm, communications, lighting, etc. with a focus on a superior built environment and energy efficiency.
- Facilitating and ensuring the quality of design, drawings and graphic work produced for the team.
- Communicating during model production with other team members.
- Understanding REVIT file structures and modifications to files for exchanges with other consultants.
- Creating custom blocks (families) using REVIT software per projects.
- Becoming familiar with Stantec existing blocks (families) and graphic standards.
- Communicating with multi-discipline REVIT leaders on troubleshooting issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the team.
- Mandatory electrical design experience in the healthcare, commercial and/or industrial sectors and Revit MEP
- Experience working with the National and AB Building Codes
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with colleagues and staff; a "team player" approach
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top