EIT (Engineer in Training) - Transportation
Your Opportunity: The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resource, environmental, and infrastructure projects to life. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships.
Your Duties: We are currently seeking an Civil Engineer in Training (EIT) with 2+ years of infrastructure design experience to join our Deerfield Beach Florida office. The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects for clients within the local and state sectors. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professional engineers and help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects include development of construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, engineering reports and studies for infrastructure projects, including transportation, utilities, and site civil.
Wondering what you will do and learn as an Engineer - In - Training?
- Select and apply appropriate design criteria to perform civil infrastructure design assignments.
- Evaluate and apply innovative ideas and creative solutions to real world problems.
- Utilize state-of-the-art engineering design software to accelerate project delivery.
- Prepare high quality contract documents (plans, specifications, and estimates) for the construction of civil infrastructure improvements.
- Assist in the preparation of environmental permit applications and collaborate with regulatory agencies throughout the permit approval process.
- Improve the quality of life in the communities where we live.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Engineer Intern (EI) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification a plus
- 2 -4 years of roadway design experience required
- Microstation experience is requried. Experience with GeoPak a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top