E-Business Database Administrator Technical Lead
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Corporate Development; Financial Services; Human Resources; Health, Safety, Security &, Environment; Information Technology Services; Marketing, Communications & Public Relations; Operations Support; Practice Services; Procurement & Real Estate; Programs & Business Solutions; and Risk Management.
Your Opportunity We are looking to fill a Senior EBS DBA Technical Lead position. This position will have some management functions but will primarily be a technical position. This person will be expected to plan and execute complex technical tasks. They will provide technical leadership and guidance to team members.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead E-Business DBA team in day-to-day activities, provide technical expertise to all team members.
- Provide support in all aspects of E-Business system administration including configuration, product upgrades, capacity planning, backup, and recovery. Monitor, performance tune and enhance functionality of E-Business and other Oracle Systems including OEM, RMAN, Data Guard.
- Continuously look for opportunities to automate maintenance, deployment and monitoring of Oracle infrastructure services and systems.
- Provide technical support to EBS Operations, Development and OBIEE teams. Maintain, improve Oracle infrastructure cloning, pathing processes and procedures.
- Support and enhance Stantec's High Availability Architecture and disaster recovery operations, policies, and procedures.
- Plan and implement new technical initiatives for EBS.
- Extensive EBS patch analysis, performance tuning and application experience. Knowledge and experience with RMAN and Data Guard is required.
- Experience with RHEL Linux and shell scripting is mandatory.
- Experience in Perl or Python programming will be considered an asset. Experience in using Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c is mandatory.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top