E-Business Database Administrator
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Corporate Development; Financial Services; Human Resources; Health, Safety, Security &, Environment; Information Technology Services; Marketing, Communications & Public Relations; Operations Support; Practice Services; Procurement & Real Estate; Programs & Business Solutions; and Risk Management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Providing support for Oracle Applications upgrades.
- Problem management [i.e., problem identification, management and resolution] Patch analysis and patch application - Performance monitoring and tuning of Databases, Oracle Application Servers and Ebusiness Software.
- Backup and Recovery.
- Planning, Testing and Performing software upgrades.
- Assisting with database loads and data conversion activities.
- Cloning and supporting environments.
- SR resolution.
- Supporting and enhancing Stantec's High Availability Architecture and disaster recovery operations
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Extensive patch analysis and application experience.
- Experience with RHEL Linux is mandatory.
- Experience in shell scripting in a UNIX or Linux environment.
- Experience in Perl or Python programming will be considered an asset.
- Experience in using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c for managing environments will be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; this position requires a high degree of involvement leading meetings and regularly communicating to various stakeholders.
- Please note that this position will require after-hours and on-call work.
- We are looking for team players that can work in a very dynamic and challenging environment.
Minimum of 3 years providing Oracle E-Business Suite support in a UNIX environment of which 2 years must have been working with Oracle E-Business suite versions 12i.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may change at any time.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top