Your Opportunity Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. We perform geotechnical studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we're bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
An opportunity exists in our Lexington, KY location for a Driller's Helper to assist our Geotechnical team.
Your Duties A Driller's Helper will assist the driller in solid stem and hollow stem auger drilling techniques, rock coring, mud rotary drilling and other advancement techniques. The helper will help move, set up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical exploration borings. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on construction sites. In addition, the helper will assist the driller during the installation of monitoring wells, slope inclinometers, vibrating wire piezometers, settlement sensors and other types of instrumentation. Work is outdoors, in all weather conditions and the work is generally physically demanding.
JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to lift drill steel and materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Label sample containers as directed
- Assist driller in maintenance and repairs to drill rig
- delivering field supplies
- Performs Shop / yard duties at direction of management
- Load and unload trucks
- Bag or jar samples for analysis
- Assist in installing monitoring well casing and screens
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Help move drilling rigs and equipment from site to site, set up in the new site
- Help obtain drilling core samples
- Dig and clean mud pits and drains
- Assist with well development and pumping tests
- Operate equipment such as pumps for air, water and mud, and equipment and tools used to correct problems borings
- Carry out minor maintenance and repairs, including lubrication and cleaning
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- One year experience preferred
- High School Diploma
- Ability to communicate via email
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Class A CDL license preferred
- Must be able to obtain DOT medical card and will be subject to ongoing and random drug screening
- Must pass company background checks including drug screen
- Must have an excellent driving record within company standards
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top