At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Working in our Chandler, AZ office, you will assume the role of Drafter. You would be responsible for developing and coordinating Revit models and electronic documents on both large and small-scale projects within the global Mining Sector. This position reports to the Supervisor of Design.
As a Drafter, you will be part of a multi-talented team focused on designing surface and underground facilities in the mining industry. With daily collaboration with other designers and engineers of our multi-discipline team, you will convey electrical, mechanical, civil and structural requirements to the construction team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models. You will work closely with engineers, project managers and mining specialists as you develop design concepts, create models, and coordinate designs to consider existing conditions and other discipline requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Reports project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Designers.
- Develops 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills. Checks and navigates in the 3D models for interferences and constructability.
- Creates plan drawings and details for deliverables.
- Develops sketches to accompany concept documentation.
- Participates in project meetings as required.
- Assist with checks on design for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
- Resolves checked drawings; prove and understand comments made.
- Completes miscellaneous tasks to support project development.
- Work under direct supervision of Design Engineers and senior designers will be responsible for the complete design and documentation package for discipline deliverables.
- Produce deliverables as required to fulfill project needs either as an individual contributor or as part of a team of engineers and designers, dependent upon project size and scope.
- Work from schematics, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Assist other designers with project deliverables.
- Ability to perform field walks, which may include climbing ladders and walking/standing for extended periods of time.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience utilizing 3D programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, AutoCAD MEP, Inventor and have knowledge of the latest computer operating systems.
- Must be able to conceptualize in a 3D environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests.
- Experience with design of Mining facilities and infrastructure.
- Experience in an industrial and / or mining environment is preferred not required.
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficient in math as it pertains to design work.
- Understand and adhere to all applicable drafting standards and verify completeness of design drawings.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings of all disciplines not required but preferred.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Education and Experience
Associates or vocational degree in drafting technology.
One to three years of design experience or related field experience preferred but not required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Chandler
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190001IC
Back to top