Document Controls Engineer (AZ)
MWH Constructors is seeking a Document Controls Engineer to support a wasterwater infrastructure project for a high profile client in Chandler, AZ.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored "start to finish" construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
MWH Constructors, the construction arm of MWH, performs all of the Company's at-risk construction and design-build projects.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Serve as primary communications hub for project teams by maintaining project records, assembly and distribution of documents using a variety of tools including Microsoft SharePoint and Primavera Contract Manager.
• Work on Document Control activities either independently as project lead or with minimal supervision.
• Receive, log, track, and distribute documents in both electronic and paper format for project record maintenance. Update and maintain project document control procedures and record keeping databases.
• Recognize issues, advise and confer with leadership and project team on matters affecting projects records, documents and deliverable products.
• Support Program Controls Manager with overall Program Controls needs, information access, project closeout activities and document management.
• Liaise with project site teams to proactively address documentation issues to promote project success.
• Support project managers in collection/distribution of data, communications, and coordination of team deliverables.
• Support the development and maintenance of periodic status reports to keep management and/or clients informed of project progress.
• Ensure document control activities such as document management, version control and distribution management are executed in a timely fashion and in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Support managers in presentations/reports to clients.
• Assist with change order management.
• Prepare transmittals and reports and distribute and file documents as directed. May operate reproduction equipment or may interface with reproduction department for required reproduction associated with copy and distribution requirements per project procedures.
• Work with other staff members as required. Refine and improve services in response to changing technological environment and Client expectations.
• Assist in developing and adhering to project document control procedures.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Work as part of an integrated consultant-client team.
• Duties also may include word processing, answering phones, purchasing equipment, filling in for other staff, and other project related activities as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
If former Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21, 51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Construction Management or other related degree.
• Requires 4-6 years minimum document management, quality control, information technology or other similar experience.
• Proficient with Outlook, Adobe software, and PowerPoint, FTP sites, and document control software such as SharePoint.
• Excellent communication skills as well as strong attention to detail.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top