Document Controller (Buildings)
Stantec is looking to hire a Document Controller to support on a large office building complex which will accommodate the Client's administration and operation employees. The project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
Key Duties and Tasks:
• Manage electronic document management system as well as hard copy records on as per company system.
• Maintain and examine files to release blueprints, drawings, and engineering documents to manufacturing and other operating departments.
• Ensure all documentation is controlled in accordance with the company's procedures for document control.
• Process, control and administer incoming and outgoing documents (correspondences, submittals, transmittals, specifications, drawings, etc.).
• Upload and distribute documents to relevant parties in accordance with the document distribution matrix workflow.
• Maintain and update logs to ensure accurate status of submissions
• Prepare necessary data reports for various parties in a timely and accurate manner.
• Follow up and expedite priority items with relevant managers, engineers, consultants and contractors.
• Drive improvement to document control processes and procedures.
• Manage and monitor the use of various form set ups among team members.
• Coordinate with consultants and contractors to send and receive various reports, drawings, submittals and other outstanding issues.
Document Controller (Buildings)
- Diploma from accredited institution to the approval of the Engineer.
- Shall have matriculation as a minimum and should be fully computer literate and
conversant with Microsoft Office applications, with particular emphasis on Primavera
- Must have minimum Five (5) years of relevant experience, 3 of them in similar Project
scope of work.
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with good capability in oral and
written communication skills.
- Must have document control and filing mechanism along with computer skills.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top