Your Opportunity The Stantec T&D group understands the challenges of the power sector in meeting worldwide demand for clean, efficient energy in the midst of financial, strategic, and regulatory uncertainty. Within our positive team environment, our employees enjoy great career advancement opportunities and the chance to work on a variety of projects including transmission, substation, converter stations, distribution - telecom, protection and control, renewable energy, and generation. We provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Duties Stantec's T&D group is currently hiring entry level Distribution Designers for assignment in our Lake Mary, FL and Jacksonville, FL offices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing of electrical distribution facilities including feeders, laterals, underground ties, and equipment upgrades for voltages 69kV and under
- Perform site field visit for verification of existing distribution facilities and project requirements
- Develop bill of material required for construction based upon client standards
- Develop construction prints detailing facilities to be removed/installed.
- Develop permit drawings as necessary to accommodate construction.
- Review project scope and identify issues early on
- Work with the senior engineer through the idea generating stage
- Support the day to day activities of the project from inception through engineering, construction, commissioning and hand over
- Report the progress of the project to the senior engineer as needed
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- We require, at minimum, a 2-year technical degree from an accredited university in a related field of study
- Proficiency with CAD (Microstation or AutoCAD)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate solid leadership and communication skills
- Working knowledge of electrical utility systems, policies and procedures including engineering standards preferred
- Experience working with a major electrical utility would be desirable
- Flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple projects with various due dates and scopes
- Valid driver's license
- Available to travel up to 20%
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top