- Williamsburg, VA
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Stantec's Transmission & Distribution group is currently hiring an experienced Engineering Specialist for assignment in Raleigh, NC, Richmond, VA, or Williamsburg, VA.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Designing of electrical distribution facilities including feeders, laterals, underground ties, and equipment upgrades for voltages 69kV and under
- Perform site field visit for verification of existing distribution facilities and project requirements
- Develop bill of material required for construction based upon client standards
- Develop construction prints detailing facilities to be removed/installed.
- Develop permit drawings as necessary to accommodate construction.
- Review project scope and identify issues early on
- Work with the senior engineer through the idea generating stage
- Support the day to day activities of the project from inception through engineering, construction, commissioning and hand over
- Report the progress of the project to the senior engineer as needed
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong GIS experience
- Proficiency with CAD (Microstation or AutoCAD)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate solid leadership and communication skills
- Working knowledge of electrical utility systems, policies and procedures including engineering standards preferred
- Experience working with a major electrical utility would be desirable
- Flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple projects with various due dates and scopes
- Valid driver's license
- Available to travel up to 20%
Education and Experience
2-year technical degree. Degrees must be from an accredited university in a related field of study
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Job: Electrical Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Williamsburg
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001GK
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top