Disaster Recovery Specialist
- Minneapolis, MN
At Stantec, we care about the communities we serve-because they're our communities, too. We take pride in our ability to assess what's needed and apply our expertise, to appreciate nuances and visualize what's never been considered, and bring together diverse perspectives to achieve successful outcomes.
Be part of Stantec's disaster services program which, as a corporate strategic initiative, has grown into a company-wide, collaborative resource for infrastructure recovery and hazard mitigation expertise.
We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic Disaster Recovery Specialists to join our disaster services program. This role requires candidates to possess prior disaster recovery operations experience with municipal, state, and/or federal clients. You will apply your expertise as a member of the technical assistance teams we staff wherever disasters have been declared. Most assignments require deployment to the designated client field office. This is an opportunity to apply your deep understanding of FEMA's Public Assistance, Hazard Mitigation, or other grant programs, and their eligibility requirements, policies, and implementing procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Prior deployment as a FEMA Program Delivery Manager, Site Inspector, Insurance Specialist, Environmental and Historic Preservation Specialist, or Cost Estimator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and observational skills with ability to synthesize and clearly present key disaster recovery issues and progress to resolution
- Flexible work style with the ability to immediately adapt to changing priorities
- Successful track record working in, or leading project teams
- Outstanding computer skills - Grants Manager or RSMeans are a plus
- Experience dealing with public agencies
- Current active FEMA badge a plus
Education and Experience
College degree in either engineering, architecture, environmental sciences, public policy/administration, construction management, or others with relevant experience
Minimum of two years professional experience and service in a disaster recovery operation
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000WF
Back to top