Designer/Manager - Architecture
The Boston studio of Stantec Architecture, a national leader in design, thought, and practice, is seeking a mid- level architect/designer with 6 -10 years of experience for the position of Design Manager to work on exceptional projects, grow your career, and have a positive and profound impact on the communities we serve.
At Stantec, we believe design extends beyond the elements that define space. At its best, design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors, and lends purpose and meaning to our activities. If that resonates with you and you have a passion for design, we encourage you to submit your qualifications to join our team of creative professionals and work with us to inspire others.
A Design Manager (DM) at Stantec is an emerging professional with a degree in Architecture, and is planning a path towards licensure. We work in a fast-paced studio environment and DM's provide a critical role to our teams. Design Managers are able to contribute independently and help direct all phases of our project work from conceptual design to documentation & delivery. We are seeking a motivated individual with strong design and graphic skills to join our team and work on exciting projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
Depending on level of experience Design Managers at Stantec:
- Collaborate and lead the design process developing ideas, establish design direction, and develop options that achieve programmatic goals
- Actively participate in presentations and meetings with clients or municipalities
- Take ownership of specific tasks or project components and lead individuals and team in design development
- Direct and develop design documentation including plans, sections, elevations, & details, evaluate material options, and coordinate with consultant team
- Manage construction delivery and work independently to respond to RFI's, review submittals, complete site visits and prepare field reports.
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience
- Great team player with excellent communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks or projects
- Eager to learn, good listener, curious & proactive with strong time management skills
- Solid understanding of applicable codes & building construction systems, materials, and standards
- High proficiency with Revit, Sketchup, & Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Permitting & Entitlement process a plus.
- LEED Green Associate / AP with BD C Specialty a plus.
- Letter of interest, resume, and sample of portfolio work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Job: Design Coordinator
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900011J
Back to top