Your Opportunity We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Stantec's Berkley, MI office is looking for a Designer with a minimum of 1 year of experience.
- Supports project team in development of design documentation.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Utilize BIM technologies in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Participate in design critiques and pin-ups.
- Understand and apply building codes and requirements of regulatory agencies in development of the building design.
- Assist in the development of space planning, block planning, and adjacencies in coordination with building program.
- Assist in coordinating building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of building systems and materials.
- Implement sustainable design principles into the building design and surrounding environment.
- Assist in site analysis.
- Assist in development of conceptual building design.
- Assist in research of concept, benchmarks, materials, typology, precedents
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Architectural experience in educational facilities and/or healthcare is preferred
- Degree in support of an Architectural license required (accredited Master's degree or 5 year Bachelor's degree)
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top