The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity Stantec seeks to hire a dynamic Designer to join our Chigaco, IL Architecture team. We are looking for a Designer with a focus on shaping environments; someone who acts as a mediator to bring voice and amplify a position where interiors is more than just picking color- but rather evidences its interdisciplinary nature: a dialogue formed by architecture, art, graphics, fashion, film, engineering, history, literature, photography, philosophy, psychology, product design, and textiles; someone excited to explore the intangible in order to productively shape the tangible; a voice that can ensure the scale of the grand gesture to subtle nuances that people experience in interior space is crafted.
Be a part of our creative team, and help forge our culture.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare design development presentations.
- Prepare contract drawings, details and sketches from conceptual design through to construction.
- Interest in mentorship and guidance from Seniors, Job Captain while mentoring Juniors.
- Liaising with multidisciplinary project teams.
- Assist with and /or managing contract administration services.
- Assist in preforming building code analysis.
- Complete assignments within timelines.
- Support good policies on project delivery, quality control, and safety.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excel in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of project types and project delivery methods.
- Above average communication and organization skills with the demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Positive problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic and desire to advance their skills and abilities.
Education and Experience Bachelor's Degree in Architecture is required.
1 year of directly related experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top