Design Manager/Project Manager - Retail Interiors
Your Opportunity We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
We value talent, commitment and passion for quality design, and are looking for like-minded individuals.
Your Duties Our Vancouver office has an immediate need for a Design Manager/Project Manager - Retail Interiors. In this role you will:
- Manage all phases of design throughout project scope, including project set-up, design and construction administration
- Be responsible for client satisfaction, quality control and financial performance
- Manage project scheduling, budgets, and setup with clients, sub-contractors, vendors and consultants
- Create and communicate clear and attainable project objectives and project requirements
- Prepare project team work plans and manage a range of project team sizes comprised of project designers, job captains and consultants
- Actively manage and track financial performance of project
- Prepare project proposals, negotiate, compile and package contracts and fees; coordinate the bidding process
- Ensure projects conform to the contract
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- At least 7 years of design/project management experience of which several years should be in retail design projects (tenant fit out)
- Must be proficient with the technical and design aspects of the documentation of commercial interior projects, and have experience with the entire project lifecycle throughout post-occupancy
- Effectiveness in leading, managing and mentoring project teams
- Have proven experience in fiscal accountability and responsibility on commercial interior projects
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication - able to drive a project smoothly, yet collaboratively with project stakeholders and apply tact and grace as the need arises
- Able to maintain good, continuing client relationships and build new relationships
- Must be an effective problem solver, both technically and in your interpersonal ability
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top