Design Manager - Airport
- Houston, TX
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
As part of a Program Management Team, this position will oversee design and project management, coordinating with project managers, design managers and construction managers for new construction, renovation, and expansion projects related to a new IAH Terminal Redevelopment Program (ITRP).
- Monitor Design Consultant contract requirements against deliverables.
- Coordinate project governance design presentations and input.
- Manage scope of each design submittal package.
- Facilitate responses to RFI's between the project team and Design Consultant
- Coordinate and schedule design workshops between Design Consultant, HAS and other stakeholders.
- Support the design to budget process including evaluation of technical design alternatives.
- Coordinate, schedule, and assist with constructability reviews during all phases of design.
- Document design-related issues, decisions, and actions within Aconex and manage to resolution.
- Coordinate and schedule design review meetings and consolidate input from stakeholders, including any third party reviewers. Coordinate design feedback to Design Consultant.
- Conduct design review sessions with stakeholders.
- Oversee design feedback input.
- Monitor and track sustainability plan development and LEED component tracking in coordination with Design Consultant.
- Confirm all resolved design issues have been incorporated into design submittal packages.
- Coordinate reviews of submittals/ shop drawings from HAS project stakeholders, including subject matter experts, airport operations, and project team.
- Support start-up and commissioning efforts as necessary including witnessing performance testing.
- Support project close-out activities related to Design Consultant obligations and deliverables.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Performance of project management services associated with design, construction, commissioning, ORAT and closeout phases of complex terminals and other passenger handling facilites at domestic and international airports.
- Overall working knowledge of the architectural, engineering and systems elements of airport terminals and support facilities.
- Establishment of collaborative relationships with stakeholders involved in planning, design, construction, testing and turn-over of airport facilities (airport, community and government).
- Proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction or guidance.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Experience in the design development of new/expanded facilities while maintaining operations.
- Excellent understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Ability to obtain airport security badge.
- Ability to pass security background check is required.
- Current driver's license.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management, Project Management or related field.
Registered Architect preferred.
Minimum 10 years of experience in the management of project design including significant time at large airports.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001B2
Back to top