We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Stantec is looking for a Design Lead with strong retail experience to join their growing team.
Stantec's Phoenix Office is looking for a Design Lead, a registered professional with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Serving as a primary point of contact for retail clients.
- Ensuring that client brand, design and technical standards are maintained and consistently delivered with all accounts.
- Expanding and growing current accounts and programs, as well as seeking new clients.
- Establishing and conforming to project budgets, priorities, scheduling, workload and staffing.
- Preparing forecasts and projections of future workload to ensure adequate staffing and skill sets are available.
- Providing day-to-day guidance, supervision, motivation and development of team members.
- Establishing and driving revenue.
- Establishing and maximizing the bottom line.
- Supporting project managers toward maximizing overall client performance.
- Participating in other marketing activities benefiting the company.
- Lead all internal communication in their area of focus.
- Ultimate accountability for account/team performance.
- 5+ years of experience in managing retail and/or restaurant projects and programs.
- Architectural license is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining high satisfaction ratings from clients through superior service, quality workmanship, timely production, quick project turnaround and thorough understanding of client requirements.
- Must be solution-oriented.
- Ability to provide and support a collaborative work environment.
- High level of accountability.
- Desire and ability to mentor and inspire junior staff members.
- A solid understanding of:
- Trends within the retail and commercial markets.
- Clients' business models; how they do business, and what is their business?
- Clients' operational needs and requirements.
- Key branding elements: how are they identified and what is the experience?
- Knowledge of the future trends in design/materials and related industries, and ability to develop designs based on these trends.
- A thorough knowledge of current architecture, interior design principles and construction materials.
- A commitment to excellence and high standards in all aspects of the business and practice.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and schedules of requested deliverables regularly and consistently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 6
Discipline Architecture & Interior Design
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top