MWH, now part of Stantec, is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Level Design Engineer for our Fort Collins, Colorado office. The primary focus of this position will be to serve as a design lead for mining and industrial related projects. This position will require an individual with extensive experience in engineering design as it relates to solution handling, water treatment equipment, hydraulics, and waste management in support of mineral extraction for mine facilities and industrial applications. The position will require participation in business development and also have the capability to grow and manage a regional team of discipline engineers to support project work. This position interacts throughout the organization internally and externally with client and members of business and professional organizations. Travel may be required and some projects require working at remote sites.
Specific activities to be performed by the applicant include:
1. Follow safe work practices and adhere to company and client guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. MSHA and OSHA training will be required;
2. Leading the engineering evaluation and studies of plant processes for optimization and value engineering;
3. Prepare or be lead reviewer for technical reports, design and for construction documents;
4. Lead the development of design drawings, and construction specifications, and operation and maintenance manuals for constructed facilities related to industrial processes related to mining and industrial waste water treatment and conveyance;.
5. Provide construction oversight and management functions in support of client capital expenditure projects;
6. Assist the Project Manager in develop technical team level of effort,, project scope, scheduling, process appropriate paperwork, and interact with clients in business development activities;
7. Provide technical presentations and serve on technical review boards in project reviews;
8. Maintain knowledge of industry standard practices;
9. Follow company quality control and assurance procedures; and,
10. Be externally focused with established clients and be capable of developing business.
• Minimum of a B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and/or Mechanical Engineering with preference given to advanced degrees;
• PE Required
• Minimum of 10 years of experience working on engineering projects and minimum 3 years leading technical engineering teams;
• Direct experience on mining and industrial process related projects, including reclamation and CERCLA sites;
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally and work independently at remote sites;
• Ability to lead and mentor younger professionals; and,
• Ability to perform business development with established client relationships.
• Exceptional organizational, technical, leadership, written and oral communication and attention to detail skills.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top