Design Coordinator 1
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
You will work on tasks with close guidance and direction from a Senior Designer or Architect. This is an entry level Architect Intern design role. You will be designing schematics specialized in space programming and site planning as well as developing elevations, sections, and architectural details for projects. You will be assisting with innovative and creative new prototypes, designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your goals.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts basic interpretations of sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
- Supports project team in development of design documentation.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Assists in research of concept, benchmarks, materials, typology, and precedents.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of Revit or AutoCad and the use of it as a design tool.
- Experience with the most recent design software (Sketch-up, Photoshop, and Illustrator, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with design equipment (3D printer, laser cutter, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- To participate and collaborate in project team setting.
- To engage in creative and critical thought.
- To interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- To communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written).
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with Abobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, Newforma, Sefaira, Recent modeling software, 3D Printer, Laser cutter.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field. Minimum of 0-2 years of experience. Internship experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Intern Architect
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000N6
Back to top