Your Opportunity Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Architect with our team in our Chicago, IL office, formally VOA. Reporting to office and project leadership, the Design Architect will be responsible for leading all phases (planning and conceptual phases through project completion) of various projects. The successful candidate has the ability to lead and inspire the team, client and other stakeholders, especially as it relates to Great Design, collaborate closely with the Stantec team, and place a significant leadership role in the documentation of the design in the Design Development and design oversight in the Construction Document phases.
Your Duties Design
- Excellent conceptual, creative design skills and trend setting vision
- Participate in high-energy, collaborative team and project environments
- Strong conceptual design and design development skills
- Develop and implement overall design concepts
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills; effective client relationship skills and talent for working with diverse teams of designers
- Knowledge of all aspects of architecture and design Understands relationship between design goals and technical constraints and executes accordingly
- Highly motivated with inspiring leadership qualities and collaborative disposition
- Significant experience presenting to and working directly with clients
- Work with firm leadership to make strategic decisions related to the projects and pursuits
- Make recommendations to PM regarding staff assignments and general project strategy
- Provide marketing support, including proposal and presentation leadership
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Licensed Architect or on way to obtaining licensure.
- A degree in Architecture at an accredited institution.
- Experience with complicated, innovative, large-scale, and/or significant clients is preferred.
- General knowledge of Revit and other graphic programs is essential.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top