Delivery Manager and Business Analyst
- Vancouver, Canada
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
Stantec is searching for a Digital Solutions team member to be located in our Vancouver, Canada office. This position requires the candidate to have the ability to creatively leverage new and innovative technologies to successfully implement solutions for our clients. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop and maintain a vision for our products and is responsible for communicating that vision to the team. Delivery Managers (DM) & Business Analysts (BA) works with architects and development teams to ensure that business, quality, and functional goals are met with each product release. DM's & BA's is responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature by executing Stantec's Development Operations (SDO) process. The DM identifies priorities and design decisions and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle. The BA defines the Requirements & Design of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing te end user's needs.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Leverage new technologies to create innovative solutions to engineering related projects and tasks.
- Coordinate with Digital Solutions team members using fit for purpose project methodologies
- Collaborate with product architect and product marketing teams to execute Stantec's SDO process including business requirements, user stories & design specifications for the development teams to implement.
- Define Project Plan details including scope, schedule & budget and coordinate Sprints/project execution intervals.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Work with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles.
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our partners.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product.
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Creativity is key!
- Solid understanding of new and existing development platforms
- Willingness to experiment & learn
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, GIS, or related field
- 5 years of experience managing technology initiatives
- 3 Years' experience in the AEC industry
- Strong understanding of application & database development best practices
- 1 years' experience with Stantec Development/Data Operations (SDO & SD2O)
- Agile Scrum proficient
- Proficient understanding of code version tool Git & MS DevOps
- Stantec Project Management Certified
- Experience implementing & configuring engineering tools such as AutoDesk, Bentley, Hexagon & ESRI
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: IT Project Manager
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001G8
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top