Delivery Leader Water/Wastewater
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
A leadership position is available as the Water/Wastewater Delivery Leader for the Midwest region. This position will serve in a leadership capacity for our established team located in various offices throughout Midwest; including Minneapolis, St Cloud and Rochester MN; Mequon and Green Bay WI; Fargo and Bismarck ND; and Kansas City, KS. Stantec's Water/Wastewater team provides comprehensive planning, engineering, and construction management and administration services including water resources, water/wastewater treatment and infrastructure, water quality, GIS, survey, municipal engineering, modeling, H/H, stream restoration, and a wide range of FEMA related services.
Reporting to the Midwest Water Sector Leader, the Water/Wastewater Delivery Leader role involves collaborating with Leadership to develop and implement the vision and goals for strategic growth in the Midwest water/wastewater market; providing support and leadership on developing and attainment of established management, financial, growth and performance objectives. The Delivery Leader is expected to contribute to and/or participate and facilitate efforts on significant proposals and projects undertaken within the Midwest region and support strategic efforts as-needed outside of the Midwest region. The Delivery Leader will work collaboratively with other Leaders responsible for the teams delivering other Business Line services such as Community Development, Transportation and Environmental Services. These co-leaders collectively are accountable for the attainment of the Business Center's management, growth and performance objectives.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Leadership to develop and implement the vision and goals for strategic growth in the Midwest water/wastewater market
- Overall fiscal and operational responsibility for performance of the Water/Wastewater group within the Business Center
- Manage staff in the water/wastewater group and support mentorship and staff development
- Support in development of annual business development and operating budgets
- Marketing support to brand Stantec in the Water/Wastewater sector
- Project and Account Management/allocation of resources for projects
- Monitoring and scheduling/balancing project workload
- Recruiting and staff retention and training
- Business development and enhancement
- Proposal preparation/consultation
- Professional fee negotiating and scheduling
- Compliance with corporate policies and industry standards
- Continuous improvement of systems and technology
- Valuing diversity and inclusion
- Valuing innovation and continuous learning
- Being a proactive team member;
- Modeling clear communication skills internally and externally
- Maintaining and growing strategic client relationships throughout the region
- Participation on the Regional Management and Leadership Team(s)
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- The ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of the Water/Wastewater Industry and Midwest Water market and market trends with emphasis on business development and revenue generation.
- Demonstrated technical leadership in the development and execution of water or wastewater planning/design/construction projects, the candidate will have strong qualifications in project management, design and contract administration of successful projects.
- Strong leadership, business development management, communication and team building skills are essential for the candidate to meet the expectations of this challenging position.
- Prior consulting experience, within the Water/Wastewater sector, and established client and agency contacts are desirable.
- Established understanding of the local market conditions, staff retention and development is a must.
- A successful candidate will possess strong communication and business development skills and be a results-oriented individual who excels in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- The candidate will have a desire to succeed, be enthusiastic, and possess a high degree of integrity.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil/Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution
- Masters of Science in Civil/Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 15 years of experience
Position will primarily work in an office setting. Travel required to other Stantec office locations, the field and/or meetings with clients.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 1800020B
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top