Data Warehouse Database Administrator
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We are looking for Data Warehouse Database Administrator to join our Business Intelligence Solutions Team to support the development and maintenance of our Oracle DW/BI application running on Exadata and Exalogic servers.
- Install and support all different components of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) including WebLogic, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA) Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) and related Oracle 11g Databases;
- Patch analysis and patch application for all OBIEE products (OBIEE, OBIA, Informatica, ODI);
- Plan, test and perform software upgrades;
- Create Backup, Restore and Disaster Recovery policies and procedures for DW/BI systems;
- Create cloning procedures for test DW/BI Systems;
- Automate shutdown and startup procedures for all OBIEE components;
- Support, Configure and Tune ETL processes and SQL queries using ODI;
- Monitor performance and tune all OBIEE components. Develop processes for reporting on OBIEE platform's utilization, availability and performance;
- Support the Security setup and integration into Fusion 11g OAM;
- Provide Linux support on all Exadata and Exalogic servers;
- Program support scripts for OBIEE products using Linux shell scripts, WLST; and
- Provide on-call ETL support on a rotating basis.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- College diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 10+ years in depth experience with infrastructure, operations, development, and database technologies;
- Minimum of 2 years' experience providing Oracle Data Warehouse database administration. Experienced with partitioning, materialized views and parallel execution;
- Extensive patch analysis and application experience;
- Experience in shell scripting in a UNIX or Linux environment is mandatory;
- Experience in Oracle WLST is mandatory;
- Experience working in an Exadata/Exalogic environment would be an asset;
- Working knowledge on ODI is a plus; and
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager will be considered an asset.
Please note that this position will require after-hours and on-call work.
We are looking for team players that can work in a very dynamic and challenging environment.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top