MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company, is currently seeking a Cost Engineer to support a large wastewater infrastructure project in Dallas, TX.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH, now part of Stantec, and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company's at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
MWH Constructors provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored "start to finish" construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
• Evaluate and adjust data regarding project cost forecasts, resource requirements, commitment data and productivity variance reports.
• Regularly manage all cost functions of the project's Project Management Information System (Prolog).
• Assist the Project Manager with managing the project change management process. Work with team members to prepare and facilitate delivery of all necessary scope change notice and cost documents to client for approval.
• Prepare monthly billings to client based on costs incurred.
• Develop and prepare both internal and external monthly project progress summary reports.
• Assist Project Manager in writing, distributing, and managing Subcontracts and Purchase Agreements.
• Develop budgets, cash flow projections, and any project-specific reports, tools, or spreadsheets.
• Assist Project Manager in updates of construction scheduling software
• Interface and maintain liaison with project management, client, home office, and other consultants on all project cost-related topics.
• Assist with establishing, implementing, and documenting job-specific project controls standards.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• A Bachelor of Science or higher university degree in Business, Construction Management, or Engineering
• 5-8 years of experience in a project controls or project analyst position; part or all of this experience must be within a construction setting demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility in terms of project size and sophistication.
• Experience with project accounting and general financial management, document management, and project compliance processes & audits.
• Exposure to scheduling software (Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, etc).
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and other normal business applications.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top