Cost Analyst - Construction
The Stantec Construction Group, providing industry-leading capital construction services, is currently seeking a Cost Analyst. This position will be located in our Hillsboro, OR location and will be responsible for cost analysis and reporting for a large volume contract.
Business and contract activity associated with this initiative will include:
• Commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance.
• Manufacturing facility design, construction, and management.
• General maintenance for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Support Program Manager and Project Controls with budgeting, forecasting and analysis functions for a multi-region program.
• Perform project cost and forecast reviews and distribute draft financial and project reports to managers. Assist with preparation of program and project financial reports.
• Review region/project monthly costs and analyze against budget/forecast and assist with monthly reports and solution scenarios.
• Prepare month end report for Regional Managers and Program Manager.
• Review Costs for proper coding and allocation, coordinate corrections as needed.
o Prepare for management quarterly analysis of over/under recovery of allowable costs.
• Oversee reporting and analysis of additional adhoc requests.
• Provide support to PM's to prepare them to speak on the financial health of their projects and any client requests.
• Assist with systems development on financial and project management.
• Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasting.
• Assist onsite staff with compliance with company policies, job coding issues, subcontracts and purchase agreements and calls with clients or vendors.
• Communicate with Home office related to financial and compliance matters related to the program.
• Special Projects as assigned.
Cost Analyst - Construction
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Construction Management
• Minimum 5 years of relevant engineering and construction industry or finance/accounting experience inclusive of the primary job responsibilities
• Includes experience with purchase orders and subcontracts in the construction industry and familiarity with sales and use taxes and exemptions, bonding and insurance requirements, lien law, prime and subcontract compliance and execution
• Strong analytical skills, client service, excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and collaborate with various managers in a fast-paced environment
• Good ERP or Project Management system skills with strong Excel experience
• Considerable knowledge and experience in business processes, leadership, strategy development, management, client service, budgeting, people management, communications and consultation
• Self-motivated, strong organizational skills and detail oriented
• Ability to handle confidential information in an open work environment
Accounting Finance, Construction, Project Planning and Controls
• Experience in a publicly listed company and SOX environment
• Prefer experience with an operations finance group while working with remote clients in different time zones and/or locations
• Ability to travel
The Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects - including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
The Stantec Construction Group offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
The Stantec Construction Group is comprised of MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States - Oregon - Hillsboro
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top