Conveyance Design Lead
- Salt Lake City, UT
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Water Business Line is seeking a Conveyance Design Lead, to be based in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working with clients and who can take a conveyance project through planning, design, construction and field services. Working locally with a team of specialists, this is an opportunity for an individual who wants to be an integral part of a team that are developing creative solutions for our clients, enabling them to improve and expand critical infrastructure in Salt Lake City
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design and construction services for water pipelines & distribution projects such as pressure pipelines, force mains, gravity sewers, pumping stations, wastewater lift stations, inlet/outlet works, treatment facilities and storage tanks
- Interdisciplinary design coordination including working with remote teams across multiple geographies around the globe
- Perform engineering analyses, modeling, and calculations and prepare complex detailed design drawings, reports and specifications.
- Technical review of design packages including development of project standard design details and technical specifications.
- Serve as the Engineer of Record
- Provide technical support to the Client Service Manager in support of business development and project delivery schemes
- Create and leverage relationships across Stantec, to communicate and deliver innovative solutions to clients' needs
- Actively mentor peers and developing professionals on career development objectives
- Engage in professional associations (delivering papers, presentations, workshops & seminars) including the American Water Works Association, North American Society of Trenchless technology and local affiliates within the Utah region
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency for Technical Leadership and Interdisciplinary design coordination
- Fulfilled multiple roles on design projects, such as process engineer, project engineer, project technical lead and/or design coordinator
- Deep understanding of industry standards and manuals, as well as client and regulatory agency standards and requirements
- Expertise in two or more of the following areas:
- Design of large diameter steel, concrete, HDPE, or fiberglass pipe for water conveyance with provisions for seismic resiliency, inverted siphons, suspended crossings, pressure regulating venting, and flexible connections at structures
- Condition assessment projects for water or wastewater pipelines.
- Pump station design for water conveyance.
- Wastewater lift station and force main design.
- Pipe network modeling for water distribution.
- Repair or replacement of pipelines using trenchless technologies.
- Proficiency in design software which can include AutoCAD, Civil3D, Bentley MicroStation, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, WaterCAD, InfoWater, and AFT (or other conveyance system hydraulic modeling software)
- Established reputation as a technical leader through publication of technical papers and presentation at conferences
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (e.g. environmental, civil, mechanical) or equivalent is required.
Licensed Professional Engineer with valid Utah Professional Engineering license, or ability to obtain one within 1 year of employment, is required.
10 years' experience with a minimum of five years in a consulting environment on wastewater design projects
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs. Willingness to travel for project work and business development opportunities
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001PB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top