Contracts Manager - Slayden Constructors
MWH Constructors (MWHC) is hiring immediately for a Contracts Manager to support our Slayden Constructors construction operations in the Pacific Northwest. Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, a Northwest based heavy civil construction company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Construction Estimator to be based out of our company headquarters located in Stayton, OR.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for providing specialized support to Contracts and Operations personnel relating to subcontracts, prime contracts, bonds, insurance, licensing, and similar matters. This hands-on position reports to the Director of Contracts and will also work with Risk Management, Operations and Legal as necessary. This position is located Stayton, Oregon.
1. Work closely with project teams within the assigned District as well as Contracts and Risk teams to ensure a successful construction contracting program.
2. Negotiate subcontracts and purchase agreement terms and conditions, including modifications to standard terms and conditions and/or support project staff with such negotiations.
3. In conjunction with the Legal Department and the Director of Contracts, identify appropriate flow-down provisions and ensure subcontracts include these clauses.
4. Review of subcontracts prior to distribution and signature for conformance to MWHC policies and procedures and good contracting practices.
5. Work with local project teams in assigned District to:
a. Develop project specific subcontracting plans as needed,
b. Identify project applicable subcontracting requirements,
c. Develop request for qualification packages and bid packages if required.
6. Review requests relating to project bonds and insurance and coordinate these with MWHC Insurance & Risk Director to facilitate issuance of bonds and insurance quotations and/or project insurance certificates and bonds, and to ensure timely renewals.
7. Expedite follow-up with subcontractors on agreements, insurance and bonds, approval documentation (including assisting with training project teams).
8. Work jointly with project team to implement contracting program after prime contract award.
9. Contribute to and provide training for project teams on and contracts and initiate corrective measures as necessary.
10. Assist project team in interfacing with Owner, A/E, and subcontractors to ensure appropriate subcontracting requirements are met and issues are resolved.
11. Provide contracting input to project planning meetings and team meetings during execution as necessary.
12. Audit project subcontracting efforts to ensure risk/contracting policies are maintained.
13. Advise project teams on contract policies and procedures.
14. Serve as the primary point of contact for Slayden-related contracts.
15. Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
• Undergraduate degree.
• Minimum 4-6 years contracting experience, with specific experience in the various forms of construction contracts management and contracting procedures. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer and writing skills, including attention to detail. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook applications, MS Word, ViewPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, with the ability to utilize software/communication apps quickly.
• Highly organized, flexible, expedient, able to work independently, and committed to collaborative problem solving.
• Willingness to travel occasionally to project sites as needed.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top