Contracts Manager (Engineering/Construction)
- Houston, TX
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connecte
As a member of the Program Management Team, responsible for administering numerous contracts and subcontracts as part of the ITRP program.
- Responsible for administering numerous contracts and subcontracts as part of the ITRP program.
- Capture all types of changes to scope in auditable, robust database logs
- Define responsibilities and authority levels for instruction and governance decision and obtain authorization / rejection of all changes
- Implement change into the various systems appropriately. Administers the change control process, establishing the necessary forms, logs and expediting methods.
- Produce reports to identify status within the change control process and to facilitate the ITRP Change Control Board meetings.
- Produce reports to understand underlying cause of change and identify opportunities to mitigate the level of change
- Implement the change management process and effectively introduce approved change into project and program baselines as required.
- Own and administer Contract Contingency and Contingency drawdown.
- Support negotiation of contract provisions with contractors/consultants.
- Support Project teams in the management and resolution of claims.
- Monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions by PMT staff.
- Maintain all supporting documents to assist in the general program management actions, i.e. requirements and obligations registers, monthly management reports, procurement status reports, etc.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Relevant Engineering or Construction professional qualification and associations
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with owner stakeholders, design consultants and contractors involved during a project's design, construction and closeout processes associated with contract compliance.
- Experience with claims avoidance and negotiating claims resolution.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Excellent English Language written and verbal communication; highly proficient technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook required.
- Ability to obtain airport security badge.
- Ability to pass required security background check is required.
- Current driver's license.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, engineering Technology, Construction Management, Project Management or related field
Minimum 10 years experience in contract/subcontract management and administration
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 20000121
Back to top