Contract Administrator, Healthcare
Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
We have a number of long-term, high profile projects in and around the Toronto area that require Contract Administrators to be part of our award winning team.
As a Contract Administrator, you will work as part of an integrated and multidiscipline team that is delivering complex institutional projects in Ontario. You are responsible for coordinating and administering the contract award and subsequent contract administration activities relating to complex and high-value contracts.
Your Duties: Contract administration responsibilities include:
- Interpreting contracts and ensuring compliance with contract terms
- Processing Work Plans, Work Assignments, and Work Order Releases
- Monitoring and verifying contract progress
- Preparing and processing
- Requests for information
- Change directives
- Contract amendments
- Progress payment certificates
- Off-site inventory payments
- Assessing back charges and liquidated damages
- Evaluating contractors' submissions for changes and claims
- Negotiating an acceptable resolution to contract changes and claims, and processing for management approval
- Processing contract close-outs
- Preparing various reports and other correspondence relating to areas of responsibility
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The preferred candidate requires:
- A thorough knowledge of procurement and contracting principles, methods, procedures and practices including contract administration relating to changes, claims and delays
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant engineering, pertinent legislation and standards, and accounting and scheduling practices/methods
- Sound judgment, strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Extensive architecture experience encompassing both office and field environments.
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, and decision-making skills required to effectively handle changing priorities and acquisition deadlines
- Ability to co-ordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- A good working knowledge of personal computers and applications relevant to the work (word processing, spreadsheets)
- Graduate of an Architectural Technology program or bachelor's degree in architecture
- 10+ years experience managing the delivery of architectural projects
- 5+ years of contract administration experience
- CCSC-CA (Certified Construction Contract Administrator) and/ or Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) would be an asset
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top