Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
As a Contaminant Hydrogeologist , you will work with our Environmental Site Investigation and Remediation practice in our Ottawa, Ontario office . As an intermediate practitioner working on contaminated sites in Ontario and northern regions in Canada, you will provide technical expertise on a variety of projects including development and implementation of work programs and management of schedules, budgets and client deliverables.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare environment reports, conduct and/or lead field work, and manage existing and/or new projects.
- Work with junior, intermediate and senior staff on environmental projects.
- Provide guidance to junior staff for project deliverables.
- Manage and conduct environmental site assessment and remediation projects, from proposal development to project completion.
- Ensure QA/QC and H&S requirements and procedures are identified and followed throughout a project's life cycle.
- Author technical reports and prepare client presentations summarizing project work, findings, and recommendations
- Project management responsibilities include developing proposals; managing projects and budgets; coordinating with clients, stakeholders, and internal project staff; and performing and overseeing project technical work.
- Demonstrate sound application of established practices, standards and guidelines.
- Provide staff mentorship and training
- Apply technical and business knowledge and methods to develop creative, effective, and economical solutions to address current and potential project issues.
- A strong aptitude for client management
- Excellent communication, teamwork and mentorship skills
- A strong affinity for teamwork, training and mentoring junior staff
- Superior and demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
P.Geo. or P.Eng. registration is a requirement for this position. A Master's level degree and consulting experience are considered to be an asset
Minimum of 5 - 7 years of related contaminated site hydrogeological experience with particular emphasis on industrial and brownfield properties
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top