Consultant - Env Scientist or Geologist
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking a smart, dedicated, and enthusiastic Consultant (environmental scientist or geologist) to join our team at our Thousand Oaks, CA office. Joining an entrepreneurial, collaborative team, you will play a meaningful role in coordinating and overseeing client projects.
Your Duties You will facilitate effective communication between key stakeholders by acting as a liaison between clients and field teams. You will ensure client projects are of the highest quality and meet clients' unique needs.
- Direct experience includes due diligence, site assessment, remediation, engineering, design, regulatory compliance, and environmental monitoring/sampling, and hazardous waste management
- Task and project management for a variety of commercial, industrial and oil and gas sites undergoing assessment and/or active remediation
- Scheduling, scoping, reporting, budgeting and staff oversight
- Coordinating with subcontractors
- Field work will be required, including drilling and construction oversight
- Work will be conducted under the supervision of a portfolio manager
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in Environmental Geology, Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering and 5 or more years of experience
- Interest in working in an entrepreneurial business environment
- Ability to analyze information and data and develop appropriate responses is a must; strong technical writing skills are a must
- Position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, good work ethic, and a passion for high quality workmanship.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills, combined with the ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Current 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper training is a plus
- GIS proficiency is a plus
- PG, CPG, EIT or PE credential is a plus.
Stantec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top