We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your role will be to provide intermediate coordination of construction activities and contract administration in a fast-paced professional, design and delivery environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinates daily onsite construction activities communicating with contractors, design professionals, clients and relevant external parties.
- Assists in monitoring the progress of construction activities, ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Begins communicating with and making recommendations to Project Manager, design professionals, client, owner, developer, or contractor, but does not direct the means or methods of construction.
- Provides the Project Manager with updates on project progress or delays to client, design professionals, and/or contractor.
- Assists in obtaining necessary permits and licenses for timely opening of site.
- Reviews plans, specifications, requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including correspondence, reports, videos and pictures.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the project team, obtaining and sharing necessary information.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience. Minimum of 2-3 years of experience.
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001BR
Back to top