- Greater Sudbury, Canada
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Your role will be to provide Site Liaison and Construction Specialist activities in a fast-paced professional, design and delivery environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Execute logistics study and project execution planning packages.
- Work as site liaison on behalf of Stantec with the client.
- May be responsible for leading the team in monitoring the progress of the project's construction activities ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Works closely with design professionals in coordinating the planning and implementation of the project and obtaining necessary permits and licenses for timely opening of site.
- Inspects and reviews projects during construction to monitor conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations.
- Provides the Project Manager with updates on project progress or delays to client, design professionals, and/or contractor.
- Manages deadlines, prioritizes assignments, and prepares final documentation for closeout process.
- Constructability reviews as required.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Advanced knowledge in all relevant areas of construction, and understanding of various design and construction methods.
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgement, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to lead in a collaborative project team setting, engage in creative and critical thought and effectively communicate concepts and ideas to others.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams.
- Excellent organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience.
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits client operations, construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management Professional
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001I8
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top