Construction Quality Control Manager
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The Construction Quality Control Manager position will coordinate and implement quality control standards to maintain excellence in project deliverables. The Construction Quality Control Manager will confirm that all projects are constructed in accordance with design requirements, appropriate client standards and meet all legal requirements. This position is critical in implementing effective quality control so that the project is delivered to a high standard of quality that meets the requirements and expectations of the client organization. Key responsibilities will be to plan, direct and supervise Quality Assurance functions.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in preparation, obtain approval, issue and implement construction quality control manual in compliance with project requirements
- Assure quality control duties are implemented in accordance with Project Quality and Construction Execution Manuals
- Work with the project team to resolve technical problems
- Work with Client to maintain a positive public interaction and to resolve any public and surrounding business-related issues
- Ensure project standards are effectively implemented
- Ensure adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance
- Report to and work closely with the Project Construction Team, and other members of the Project teams to confirm that the project is being delivered in conformance with project requirements
- Establish, track and report on trends for key quality metrics including client and public satisfaction
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Progressive responsibility and ability to demonstrate clear understanding of quality control principles
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work well within an Owner/Engineer/Contractor team in a DB environment
- Effective dispute resolution skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or another related field required
- Minimum of 20 years of experience working with heavy civil engineering / Infrastructure projects including construction, with 15 years of experience in a quality assurance/control role
- Minimum of 15 years' experience with pipelines in urban and suburban areas
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900035U
Back to top