Construction Quality Assurance Field Representative
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support.
Stantec's Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) Program is growing, with project needs in the Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia areas for multiple top tier clients. Stantec's CQA services will be performed by an on-site CQA Team responsible for monitoring construction activities to verify that the constructed condition meets the design intent. The team will be typically comprised of a Professional Engineer (CQA Manager, typically located remotely), a CQA Supervisor (on-site, full time), and multiple CQA Field Representatives (on-site, full time). A team of multi-discipline engineers and other professionals will provide office support to the CQA Team, as required.
Stantec is seeking a full-time CQA Field Representative with our Geotechnical group located in Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Serve as Stantec's on-site Site Health and Safety Officer, with the ability to maintain a safe working environment for themselves and others by participating in daily safety briefings, observations, and walkdowns prior to executing the work or when conditions change.
- Interact routinely and effectively with the office support team and Client/Contractor representative
- CQA observations and documentation of geosynthetic materials (flexible membrane liners, geosynthetic clay liners, geotextiles, geocomposites, geogrids, etc.)
- Data collection and monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation.
- Maintain detailed documentation (daily/weekly reports, test results, RFIs, submittals, non-conformance reports, etc.) for inclusion in required certification reports and record drawings.
- Attend daily/weekly project field meetings, assist with developing responses to RFIs, review Contractor submittals versus materials to be installed on-site, and monitor/document Contractor activities.
- Oversee and/or perform required testing (soil, concrete, asphalt, etc.) and maintain required documentation in accordance with the approved quality management documents and design documents.
- This position will require primarily field work and does require the ability to travel regionally with extended overnight stays
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with laboratory and field construction activities is a plus.
- Interested candidates should have (or have the ability to obtain) certifications related to the position (American Concrete Institute, ACI, Level I Field Concrete Technician; nuclear density gauge; NICET; geosynthetics; etc.)
- Previous construction experience with relevant experience in the following general areas is preferred, but is not a prerequisite:
- Heavy earthwork and associated conformance testing (including field and laboratory testing)
- Cast-in-place concrete
- Pre-cast concrete structures
- Geosynthetic liner systems
- Fusion welded HDPE pipe and concrete structure installation for storm and leachate systems
- Pump stations and force mains
- Asphalt and concrete pavement
- Potable water systems
- Gravity pipe systems (storm sewers, sanitary sewers, etc.)
- Electrical distribution network installation
- Ability to use detailed plans for construction, technical specifications, quality management plans, and other project documents.
- Construction observation and inspection experience.
- Familiarity with materials testing requirements and construction tolerances.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record are required.
- A pre-employment drug screen may also be required.
- Working knowledge of codes and design requirements is a plus.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor of Science in related field is a plus.
Minimum 2 years related experience preferred.
Job: Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Lexington
Other Locations: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-Tennessee-Nashville, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-Tennessee-Chattanooga
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 180000M5
Back to top