Construction QA Project Engineer - EIT
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top multi-discipline talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support.
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in construction quality assurance engineering by starting with a good team. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction quality management of complex structures, our team does work that's rock solid. We perform multidisciplinary studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas; other times, we're bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same.
Stantec's Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) Program is growing, with projects in the Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia areas for multiple top tier clients. Stantec's CQA services are performed by an on-site CQA team responsible for monitoring construction activities to assess conformance with the design intent. The CQA team is typically comprised of a Professional Engineer (CQA Manager, typically located remotely), a CQA Supervisor (typically on-site, full time), and multiple CQA Field Representatives (on-site, full time). The overall CQA field services program is executed by the CQA Program Manager and CQA Program Lead. A team of engineers and other professionals will provide office support to the CQA program, as required.
Stantec is seeking a full-time project engineer to join our CQA Program Team (part of Stantec's Geotechnical group) located in Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee. This individual will participate in both program level and project level activities. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment and contribute to a rapidly expanding program.
Your Key Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Maintain a safe working environment for themselves and others by participating in development and implementation of safety program documents in accordance with Stantec's Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) policies, site safety observations, and walkdowns prior to executing the work or when conditions change.
- Participating in CQA Program activities including planning, recruiting, training and certifications, implementation of new technology and equipment, document control, assessment of processes and procedures, monitoring compliance, proposal development, and constructability reviews.
- Program level activities will include periodic travel to various project sites to assess compliance with the established program and project specific requirements.
- Project level responsibilities include coordinating and/or developing responses to RFIs, reviewing and responding to Contractor submittals, working through resolutions to field issues with the Client, Contractor, and design team.
- Maintain detailed documentation (daily/weekly reports, test results, RFIs, submittals, non-conformance reports, etc.) for inclusion in required certification reports and record drawings.
- Assist with development and completion of various construction progress or certification reports and record drawings.
- Verify that required testing is performed and maintain required documentation in accordance with the approved quality management documents and design documents.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with laboratory and field construction activities is a plus.
- Previous construction experience or relevant experience or familiarity in the following general areas is preferred, but is not a prerequisite
- Heavy earthwork and associated conformance testing (including field and laboratory testing)
- Cast-in-place concrete
- Pre-cast concrete structures
- Geosynthetic liner systems
- Fusion welded HDPE pipe and concrete structure installation
- Pump stations and force mains
- Asphalt and concrete pavement
- Pressurized water (potable, raw, refuse, etc.) systems
- Gravity pipe systems (storm sewers, sanitary sewers, etc.)
- Electrical distribution network installation
- Ability to use detailed plans for construction, technical specifications, quality management plans, and other project documents.
- Ability to work and accomplish tasks with minimal direction.
- Construction observation and inspection experience.
- Familiarity with materials testing requirements and construction tolerances.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record are required.
- A pre-employment drug screen may also be required.
- Proficient with desktop office software applications (word processor, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Working knowledge of codes and design requirements is a plus.
- Working understanding of policies and procedures for HSSE protection, including client-specific training (as required).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degreeor equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- Must have taken and successfully passed the FE Exam. PE Licensure is a plus.
- Minimum of 0 to 4 years of experience.
- Previous construction, field work, and/or quality control/assurance experience is a plus.
Typical office environment will be working with teams to complete project tasks that include preparation of program documents, project specific documents, review field and laboratory data, development of required reports, and coordination of field staff, training, and program development. Field work may include project audits (safety and quality), coordination with on-site teams, coordination with on-site clients and contractors, pre-proposal and business development meetings, and overall documentation of field projects, including safety processes.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Lexington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001PW
Back to top